Tuesday 4 January 2022

HUGS AND KISSES

Materials Needed

Tube of choice: I used Keith Garvey, available at CDO HERE
 Plugins: I used Penta.com - (ColorDot & Jeans), Layout Tools (Contrast Checkers) 
& Toadies (What Are You?)
Mask: I used my own mask SC_Mask044, available on my blog HERE
Fonts Used: pixel font Fixed_01 HERE & Artisan Signature - available HERE
Century Gothic
(came with my PSP)
Rectangle & Heart Preset Shape Tool 
My Wordart: Hugs And Kisses Valentine -
on my blog HERE

My Supplies (accents) - HERE or HERE
(included are my preset & heart accent)
Not supplied - sparkles (any will do), texture (no longer available for download)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now let's get started!

1. 
Grab my selection (syl_selection01) from supplies and add it to your selections folder. 
(My selections folder is under My PSP Files under Documents)
New image 750x750
Add the tube to your canvas (I used a closeup).
Place to the left of your canvas, and then duplicate it
Image - Mirror
Layers - Merge - Merge Visible.
Add a new layer to your layer palette and floodfill with a color of choice. 
I used #f795da.


2.
Go to Selections 
Load Save Selection - Load Selection From Disks 
Using the dropdown, choose my selection 'syl_selection01
Make sure 'Source Luminance', 'Replace Selection' and 'Invert Selection' are the only ones ticked off.. 
Now click on load
You will see marching ants around the border of your canvas, as well as the selection I made you. 
Click on each layer in your layer palette and hit the delete button.
Selections - Select None.
Make your color layer active.
Ensure it is still over top of the tubes layer. 
Change the blend mode to 'soft light'
Now Layers - Merge - Merge Visible.


3.
Now duplicate your merged layer twice, and hide the two top layers.
Click your unhidden layer to make it active.
Using Toadies - What Are You? X-Dose: 30 and Y-Dose: 30 
Click Ok.. 
Use Layout Tools Plugin, Contrast Checkers - default settings
Duplicate this layer.
Image - Rotate - Free Rotate - Left - 25.00 
And then duplicate - Image - Mirror
.

Next, unhide the middle next bottom hidden layer.
Using the penta.com plugin, choose ColorDot - default settings.
Again go to Image - Rotate - Free Rotate by 15.00 to the left
And then duplicate - Image - Mirror.


4.
Unhide your top hidden layer and make it active.
Selections, Select All
Selections, Float
Selections, Defloat 

Selections - Modify - Expand by 5.00
Add a new layer and floodfill with the same color you chose earlier. 
Lower this layer beneath the top layer.
Using your Penta.com plugin, use Jeans - default settings
Add drop shadow of choice. 
Selections - Modify, Expand by 3.00
Once again add a new layer.
Floodfill with a gradient or color of choice. 
Lower this one beneath the color Jean layer. 
Adjust - Add Noise
Random - 46% - Monochrome: checked 
Add drop shadow of choice.
Selections - Select None.
Now click on the top layer to make it active
Duplicate it . Then click on the top one making it active.
Use penta.com - ColorDot on the duplicated layer at the top - default settings again.
Lower the opacity to 30%


5.
Now, let's add your main tube and place it where you would like it.
Use a sparkle of choice to add it over the tag - lower beneath the tube layer.
Go to the rectangle tool, Horizontal and Vertical Radius set to 20.00
Line Style: solid, Width: 0.00
Draw a rectangle just below the tube for her to sit on, if you have chosen a tube that is sitting down. 
Use the same settings as above in step 4
(Selection - Modify, Jeans Plugin, Adding noise, etc)

This is where I used the texture, for the top rectangular layer.  
Use any texture or paper of choice, the one I used is no longer available for download.
Adjust - Hue & Saturation - Colorize - H: 219 S: 198
(if you need to colorize what you use and using the same color scheme)
Add drop shadow of choice to each layer.
Paste your wordart over top of the rectangle.
Add drop shadow. 


6. 
(please see my tag for reference on the placements of everything in this step)
Grab your heart accent from my supplies.  Paste to each side at the top of the tag.

Using preset shape tool, draw a small heart. Move to one side of the tag.
Duplicate it. Image - Mirror.
Now, draw a bit larger size heart, and move to the top corner of the rectangle.
Duplicate it.  Image - Mirror.
Effects - Texture Effects - Blinds -
Width: 2.00, Opacity: 40.00, Color: white, Horizontal: checked
Using your pixel font, add the Happy Valentine's Day to each side of the tag.
Then, using the Century Gothic font, Size: 30
Type out 'XO' on each side of the wordart.
New Image - 500x500 - floodfill with the same color as above.
Use the mask on it.  Merge Group.
Paste it onto your tag to the left. 
Right click the mask layer - Arrange - Send to Bottom
Duplicate it.  Image - Mirror.
Now duplicate it one more time and move it to the top.

Add your watermark, a name and now your new tag is all finished!
Thank you so much for following along with my tutorial.

©sylvie's tutorials
Written January 4, 2022.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turned this tag into a full set.
Here are the other 2 parts of this 3 piece set! 



 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tutorial Sylvie xx I am using this in my forum for a challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete

-me-

-me-

-my blinkies-

Photobucket
Photobucket

-my goodie blog-

Photobucket

-♥-

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

-my hangouts-

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

-followers-

-learning tutorials-